5 Ways to Shrink Big Thighs That Make You Disappointed
Having large calves, thighs, and buttocks sometimes makes some people insecure. Small thighs and calves are considered as an indicator of an ideal body shape. This beauty standard makes many people, both women and men, who are looking for various ways to reduce their thighs and calves. In fact, shrink the thighs, calves, and buttocks can not be done instantly. How to shrink calves and thighs? Is there a powerful exercise to reduce thighs?
Factors that affect the size of the thigh There are many things that can affect the size of your thighs. One of the main factors is genetics. There is a gene called KLF14 which is believed to have an important role in the distribution of fat in female body parts.
Differences in gene variants are thought to be able to determine the shape of a woman’s body. For example, a pear-like body shape that is identical to a larger thigh size and a slimmer upper body. Well, besides heredity, there are other things that might contribute to the size of your thighs.
Gender It is a characteristic of women that the size of the pelvis, buttocks, and thighs are larger than men. How come? Women and men do have a different distribution of body fat. The hormone estrogen produced by the female body makes the accumulation of fat more in the hips, buttocks, and thighs. While the accumulation of fat in the male body tends to be more in the front abdominal area.
Diet high in fat and sugar Food has a big effect on the accumulation of fat in the body. Moreover, foods are high in saturated and trans fats, sugar, and salt. Most of the consumption of these types of foods will make you gain weight and increase body fat composition.
The fat will later run to the thighs. If the weight gain is too large, the risk of obesity will be higher.
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise Eating too many high-fat foods plus infrequent exercise can cause more fat accumulation in the thighs. Basically, physical activity is beneficial for burning fat. Not only sports, household activities such as sweeping, washing clothes, and cleaning a room that takes energy and sweat can also help.
How to shrink and tighten thighs, calves, and buttocks
As explained above, an inactive lifestyle and a high-carbohydrate diet will make fat accumulate in the body. Meanwhile, the distribution of body fat composition is regulated by a gene that certainly cannot be changed.
Therefore, how to shrink the thighs and hips by means of physical exercise and diet can be in vain. The combination of the two is not always effective in reducing fat where you want it.
However, physical exercise and diet can help burn body fat, help tone the muscles of the body, including the thighs, and make your body healthier and avoid the risk of chronic disease.
- Improve diet Adopting a healthy diet is one of the best ways to maintain body fat composition. Expand the consumption of complex carbohydrates that come from whole wheat bread, various green and orange vegetables, and fruits. The fiber contained in these types of foods will make you full longer, thereby reducing the portion of food.
In addition to carbohydrates, consuming lean protein sources can also help reduce fat accumulation by building muscle. You can get protein intake from fatty fish, skinless chicken breast, egg whites, low-fat milk and processed products.
Do not forget to drink lots of water, about 8 glasses a day. Drink water before every meal. That way, you are fuller and eat less. Drinking lots of water will also meet the body’s fluid needs and prevent dehydration.
Also limit foods high in saturated and trans fats, and sugars such as fried foods, cakes, ice cream, and milk chocolate. Reduce the use of salt and consumption of salty foods such as potato chips and snacks.
“If what makes thighs big is fat, how to reduce fat that accumulates is the same as reducing fat in other body parts, namely by diet and exercise. Start eating with smaller portions, low-fat protein, lots of vegetables and fruit,” said dr. Irma Lidia, Jovee’s team of doctors.
He also explained that in the past, fat in the lower body area was considered not associated with the risk of heart disease and diabetes. “However, more recent research has shown that reduced fat in the lower body area is associated with better heart health.” he continued.
- Sports and physical exercise Certain physical exercises can be done to help tone the thigh muscles. Tight thigh muscles will make the thigh shape more proportional and look slimmer.
To get the ideal thigh, do physical exercises that focus on the lower body. Exercises to shrink the thighs below will also have a positive impact on your hips.
4 Types of Sports with the Family to Reduce Stress
Squat This exercise is quite effective for shrinking the thighs and buttocks by burning fat as well as training the muscles. You can also do squats while holding dumbbells to tone your arm muscles.
*Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Extend both hands forward and bend your elbows as if to punch
- Tighten your abdominal muscles then bend your knees and push your buttocks back, like you’re about to sit down
- Lower your body to a half squat
- Keep your back and shoulders straight
- Return to an upright standing position
- Do this repeatedly, for a few minutes. Don’t forget to breathe.
Lunges Lunges can also train the leg muscles and burn fat in the thighs. This one exercise can be done to shrink the thighs by:
- Stand up and spread your feet shoulder width apart
- Put one foot a little farther forward,
- Then lower your body until your knees form a 90 degree angle
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then stand up straight.
- Do as much, at least, 10 times
- Repeat the movement on the other leg
Two-Thirds Jump Squat
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart
- After that, lower your body like a squat position
- When the body position is almost squatting, jump while lifting both arms up
- When landing, position the body as before.
- Repeat up to 2 – 3 sets, each set 20 times
Fire Hydrant Another way to shrink thighs that has also proven to be quite effective is fire hydrants. The trick is:
- Take a crawling position with your knees hip-width apart and your hands shoulder-width apart. Make sure your back is straight.
- Straighten one leg back, until it is parallel to the back
- Return the stiff to its original position
- Switch to the other leg and repeat the movement, about 2 – 3 sets
In order to shape your thighs to look slim and toned, you are also advised to do aerobic exercise. Aerobic activity can also help keep your heart and your body healthy overall.
Examples of aerobic exercises you can do include running, jogging, and brisk walking. You can do it 3-4 times a week, for 30 minutes.
Those are some ways to reduce thighs and hips by burning fat and building muscle. Remember to always drink water before you feel thirsty. If you drink after you are thirsty, it means you are already dehydrated.
To get the optimal benefits of exercise and exercise above, combine it with a healthy diet, get enough sleep, and stay away from sources of stress. Lack of sleep is said to disrupt levels of the hormones leptin and ghrelin which regulate appetite.